Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ice Storm

     We had an ice storm last night and the power went off at 3 am and stayed off until 12 pm the next day. We had to live like pioneers for a short time-we melted snow and ice to have water for washing and cleaning. Though it was beautiful to see everything coated with ice, there were quite a few trees down and many, many downed powerlines, and hazardous driving conditions. I think that some people are still now without power. We were all relieved when the power came back on!
Our windows were all iced over! I didn't get any other pictures, because my camera battery was dead.

1 comment:

  1. Like pioneers you say? Including Indian raids and driving on a horse and buggy and cooking over open fire?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.