Monday, October 12, 2015

Counting My Blessings

There are so many blessings God has given us to be thankful for. Aside from a home, clothing, food, health, we have:
  •  Bibles - there are many countries whose government does not allow them, or they are not readily available.
  •  A church - many people in the world cannot worship openly, or they may not have enough money to build one.
  • A converted preacher - many churches nowadays, even in the modern, free countries, do not have a preacher who was called to be one, and in some countries, they may not have any preachers at all.
  • School - many people, especially in the third-world countries, cannot afford to go to any school, particularly higher education, and if they do, it is a great privilege.
  • Work - one must work to be sane in this world.
  • A free country - it is a great privilege that I can work and live in this country where I don't have to watch what I say, where I can believe what I believe without punishment, where healthcare is readily available, where schooling is not completely regulated, where I am protected for all those reasons.
  • Nature - I can enjoy God's creation. This country is not all built up with urban areas everywhere.
That is already all a substantial list.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.