Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Good Little Reminder

          (Proverbs 17:20 - ...and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief. , James 1: 26 - If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain., James 3:5/6/8 - Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, hoe great a matter a little fire kindleth!/And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell./But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison., I Peter 3: 10 - For he that will love life, and see good days let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile. Proverbs 21: 23 - Whosoever keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from trouble.).

There are so many times I fall in sin because of my tongue. I always regret it, but today I found this on Pinterest, and I think that it is an excellent reminder.


DON'T OPEN YOUR MOUTH:
1. In the heat of anger - Proverbs 14: 17.
2. When you don't have all the facts - Proverbs 18:13.
3. When you haven't verified the story - Deuteronomy 17:6.
4. If your words will offend a weaker brother - I Corinthians 8:11
5. If your words will be a poor reflection on the Lord or your friends and family - Peter 2: 21-23



6. When you are tempted to joke about sin - Proverbs 14:9.
7. When you would be ashamed of your words later - Proverbs 8:8.
8. When you're tempted to make light of holy things - Ecclesiastes 5:2.
9. If your words would convey a wrong impression - Proverbs 17:27.
10. If the issue is none of your business - Proverbs 14:10.


11. When you are tempted to tell an outright lie - Proverbs 4:24.
12. If your words will damage someone's reputation - Proverbs 16:27.
13. If your words will destroy a friendship - Proverbs 25:28.
14. When you are feeling critical - James 3:9
15. If you can't speak without yelling - Proverbs 25: 28


16. When it is time to listen - Proverbs 13:1
17. If you may have to eat your words later - Proverbs 18:21
18. If you have already said it more than one time (then it becomes nagging) - Proverbs 19:13.
19. When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person - Proverbs 24:24.
20. When you are supposed to be working, instead - Proverbs 14:23.





I believe I have become better at thinking before I speak, but sometime I still speak, even though I know it will be wrong.
And believe me, I have for all of these reasons when I shouldn't have.
At least once.
I regret it.
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
I have hurt many, or ruined the reputation of some because of my words.

2 comments:

  1. Someone's been reading Proverbs! These are all very good points.

    In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looked like someone had a good look at proverbs; it is definitely a good book to read for advice, after all, Solomon was the wisest man on earth.

      Delete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.