Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ride the Wave Event-World Vision

     On May 2, this year, we went to the Ride the Wave event at World Vision headquarters. It was very "interesting and informative(as my mother says)" and explained child sponsorship and how World Vision picks an area to "develop" and help them to become self-sufficient-it's called Area Development Program or ADP. Anyway, here are some pictures that I took. There aren't many of the actual program, just of the building, mostly.

The sign and the buildings.



 I guess that this is a "puzzle" of famous people visiting Africa's poor and World Vision's locations.

 To promote sponsorship.

      The words say, "World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice."
 The doors.
 While we waited to get in...

A close-up of a dandelion.

It looks like there is hoarfrost on this thistle, but that's just a close-up of it.


1 comment:

  1. Das ist cool... deine mom hat recht! Schade, I wish I could afford a few orphans :( Oder ein ganzes Haus...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.