Friday, June 13, 2014

Essays.

     On Wednesday, when my mom was gone, I took the liberty of telling the kids to write an essay of the deer (later there were more) on our lawn, because they didn't seem to be doing anything else, anyway. I had quite the surprise when I read some of them, later!
The Deer on Our Front Lawn
By Elisabeth
     Elisabeth was on the black (it's actually brown) couch in the library, when suddenly, someone called out, "There's a deer on our front lawn!"  "A deer!" Elisabeth tumbled off the couch, "Where, where is the deer?"
     Nobody answered, for they were too busy shouting and looking at the deer. "Where is the deer?" she said, louder this time, going to the stairs. Leah, her sister, finally said, excitedly, "On the front lawn!"
     She went to the window and looked, but we (Leah and Elisabeth) couldn't see anything until Elisabeth stood up on the windowsill and said, " There! I see it!"
     Leah and Nathaniel saw the deer, then it went across the road, into the woods beyond, and it was ... ... ... ... ... ...                                                      
                                                                               
Gone!
(Slightly edited; grammar....)
Essay
by Leah
     We saw some deer on our lawn today. At first it was quiet, then Daniel shouted, "A deer is on our front lawn!" At first I thought he said, " A snake is on our lawn!" The colour was brown. It had antlers.
     It was near - propius (Latin word [She was learning some Latin words in her school work]) - our driveway. The deer was standing there; it had a long tail, I think ( No, they don't :).
     (Later[evidently, she was still writing her essay when the next bunch came]) Then two more came. The male ran toward the train tracks; the female ran across the road to the forest where the Mexican Mennonites (former neighbours across the road from us) used to live.
     We saw the male jumping. The female almost got hit by a car.
     I wish I could get one and keep it as a pet. (Slightly edited; spelling, grammar, etc.)
The Deer
by Nathaniel
      It was on-a front lawn and the driveway, then it ran on the neighbour's property. The deer was white and ---  white and --- what is it? (It was reddish-brownish, I said) It was reddish and brownish.
      It was running (a) little bit fast, and it doesn't has (have) a long tail - it was little-bit long.
     The deer was going in the forest; no, it wasn't eating grass. (I wrote this for him-he just dictated it to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.