Saturday, January 2, 2016

Upon Another Year We Come


The year starts with the name of Jesus.
 
     This is what was impressed upon me during yesterday's sermon. In the church year, the New Year is also set aside as the day that the baby Jesus was circumcised and "officially" named. What better way to start the year than with the name of Jesus? Last year was not a good year. I was not focused enough on the Lord, and since I have started school, it is more difficult to spend time with him. Even my bedtime prayers became monotone. When I went to church on Sundays, I mostly spent my time thinking about how I would be able to work on my assignments and worrying about my grades. So my proposal this year: Spend more time with my Saviour; Pray truly; Love God above all things; and I must not be swayed by the college crowd to give up Christianity (I may be handling some of the issues that come up later on), my God and Lord. These are all things that Satan has run by me negatively many, many times. Inner battles. But we are all strengthened through this warfare. Eternity will be heavenly.


The snow came a little late this year.


 
Now I wish you all a blessed New Year with joy and peace, and may we all remember
The New Year starts with the Name of Jesus.
 


1 comment:

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.