Saturday, May 7, 2016

This Is Random:



     One very late night, I wrote this poem. I was thinking of the person who would take a nature walk and find all these tiny flowers, or wonder why or how something was fashioned, or appreciate each separate blade of grass. I thought of how he was, in a sense, only in God's world with the birds, trees, grasses, etc. and how he looked deeper into creation; everything else was tuned out.


And he went beyond the river
To the ground beside the stream - 
Though the coldness made him shiver,
He walked - his mind full of dreams.
All the common things forgotten;
Only puzzling mysteries
Higher than the most learned scholar/
Keener than the slightest breeze.
Ears attuned to smallest movement,
Eyes so bright and clear and sharp -
Nothing to escape his penchant;
Nothing in his senses warped.
"Glories to the God in heaven!"
As his thoughts rang out with praise,
"He, this world to us has given -
Let us thank Him all our days!"
"Oh! my joy has leapt inside me
By such great created things -
Each creation God had decreed;
Oh! my heart can only sing."
Heavenly Father guide us servants
To be stewards of your land/
To the marvelous creation
Fully fashioned by your hand. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.