Saturday, September 24, 2016

Labour Day

     The best and most relaxing Labour (what does "labour" mean anyway [Sarcasm]) Day holiday we had before school started. We got a lot accomplished and it was the best way to keep the school jitters away.
Sooo many tomatoes this year!

Manual manure spreader (and a new driver who couldn't keep his eyes to the front, because he was so excited about that manure!).

Having a ride on the new tractor (I haven't gotten a chance to drive it yet).



Alphabet, the pony, helped with the weeding (aka "weed-eating." :D)

And a fine-looking garden at the end of the day.





Art credits go to bigger brother - accomplished artist, ain't he?
And of course, no day goes by without an "incident"!
As the story goes (related by my little brother), the bigger brother was rototilling when it suddenly lurched forward. The bigger brother flew through the air (so I was told, although exaggeration does run rampant in our family) and landed on his bottom into a batch of thistles (apparently they were just regular weeds, but who knows). As my little brother recounts, "I was just laughing my head off!"
 
And a gorgeous sunset (God's absolutely beautiful creation).
(I believe this was from another day)




1 comment:

  1. Labour: from the French [la boue] meaning (mud/dirt/Schlamm), any activity where you sacrifice sweat/time/brain cells for an earthly or eternal reward.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.