Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Johnston's Cranberry Marsh and Muskoka

 
Thanksgiving Day we spent up north in Muskoka and at Johnston's Cranberry Marsh.
The scenery is breathtaking, and I am considering moving up there to live. ...
 



Aren't those roadside rocks amazing?!








Cranberry sorting.

I LOVE this picture - it shows how much all of us adore our older sister.

Tadpole :D

They had helicopter rides, but really?! In a big family, you can't afford 6-8 minutes of flying for $60 per person.
Cool to watch, though.

Walking the marsh

Some of the cranberries that missed collection.

Beautiful fall colours.

Raking the bushes.



This corner was missed for the moment.

This shot is so typical of northern Ontario: rocks, trees, lakes.




These pictures all show my efforts at getting the raking operation and the colourful trees in the same picture.


They have a bunch of ducks here; I am not sure, but I suspect that they may be there to eat the insects off the cranberry plants.

Submerged cranberry bushes.


This machine lifted the boats out of the water and dumped them into the truck
(whose driver enjoyed honking that wonderful Mr. Toad horn)

The operation

Of course, little boys cannot keep their eyes off moving things. :D


I always knew our house was a zoo!


Rocky fascination






The old raker. It was enjoyed by this little boy. :D


The "beater."

1 comment:

  1. Sehr schön.
    I never knew that about cranberries. I would like to taste the wine, but it's probably very expensive.
    At first I thought there was a snowpeaky mountain in the background in picture one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.