Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kingston! and :( Also, Freezing Tempuratures

     On Thursday, we went to Kingston for one day, as my father attended a meeting there. Unfortunately, alot of the sights were closed for the season, so we couldn't visit Fort Henry. We drove there anyway to see the outside of it, at least. We also saw the Saint Laurence Seaway or River. Alot of it was frozen. I would have liked to walk around more, but the air was freezing cold and alot of us were tired, anyway, from driving 4 hours the night before. We didn't do much else. We were fascinated by the French and Indian names, though, as Cataraqui Centre, Frontenac,etc.
     Yesterday, our German guest left again for his home. It was so nice to have him here and I am glad that he will be returning to us in about 2 months.
     The tempurature has been, for the past couple of days, in the -10s and 20s, so it is quite cold, not to mention the windchill, which can make it 30 or 40 below 0º. It has also snowed. :) We are glad for that.



Happy Birthday, L!
Today is my sister's birthday. I hope that she has a special day. :)

1 comment:

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.