Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reformation Day!

     On this day in 1517,Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses on the castle church door in Wittenburg to state what he believed to be wrong in the Catholic church.
     This is the first verse of the German, "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God"(In this case,I know the German better than the English-usually it's the opposite):



Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott,
Ein gute Wehr und Waffen,
Er hilft uns frei aus aller Not,
Die uns jetzt hat betroffen;
Der alte, böse Feind, 
Mit Ernst ers jetzt meint,
Groß Macht und viel List 
Sein grausam Rüstung ist,
Auf Erd ist nich seinsgleichen.  



     On the Sunday before or after Reformation Day,we prepare short biographies of our church fathers and all the confirmed children take part in the reading of them. That is my favourite part. I am always interested in history and especially like to hear how the church was established and built.
     Just a week ago,we had a surprise visitor(that is,noone knew except for our parents and some others). Our former guest from Germany! I was quite surprised,I must say,but I am happy that he is here. :) Thankfully,he is staying for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.