Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving/Erntedankfest

     A standard thanksgiving hymn for us and with a joyful melody:
Für den goldnen Sonnenschein,
Für die Luft,so klar und rein,
Für den Regen auf der Au',
Für den milden Morgentau
(For the golden sunshine,for the air,so clear and pure, for the rain on the meadows,for the mild morning dew...) 

Für das Wasser und das Brot,
Für die Freunde in der Not,
Für die Arbeit und das Spiel,
Für das Lebens Zweck und Ziel
(For the water and the bread,for the friends in the not,for the work and the play,for the life's purpose and aim...)

Für die Ruhe in der Nacht,
Für die holde Sternenpracht,
Für das teure Gotteswort,
Für die bess're Heimat dort
(For the rest in the night,for the lovely star splendor,for the costly Word of God,for the better home there...)

Für die lieben Eltern mein,
Die sich meinen Glücke weih'n,
Für den Heiland Jesus Christ,
Der von Himmel kommen is,
(For the loving parents mine,that my happiness ordain,for my Saviour Jesus Christ,that from heaven came...)

Für den lieben Ruhetag,
Den so gern ich feiern mag,
Wo wir gehn zum Haus des Herrn,
Immer wieder,ach,so gern,
(For the lovely Sunday,that I gladly celebrate,where we go to the House of the Lord,always again and ever so gladly...)

chorus
Danken wir dem Herrn.
Danken wir dem Herrn.
Vater,wir danken dir
Vater,wir danken dir;
Vater im Himmel,wir danken dir!
(Thank we the Lord,thank we the Lord. Father,we thank thee,Father,we thank thee.Father in heaven,we thank thee.)

     (Some of the translations might be a little off or wrong.)


     Last year I was so happy to have made Thanksgiving supper all by myself! I cooked red beets (picked by my younger sister, MM), cooked beans (picked by me), cooked rice, made a sauce for salmon and cooked it, and made tomato salad (tomatoes picked by S, and onions picked by my oldest sister, M).  I did burn the beets, but it wasn't too bad. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for typing that up, a nice thanksgiving song.
    We really have a lot to thank for, actually everything, since we deserve nothing.
    Who came up with the idea to let you make Thanksgiving supper all by yourself?? Well I'm sure it turned out nicely :) Did the others think so, too? Who made it this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,that hymn says everything important that we should be thankful for.

      Delete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.