Monday, June 13, 2016

I am glad I was homeschooled.

     People homeschool for many reasons: religion, quality, etc. It wasn't until I was halfway through fourth grade that my mother started schooling me and my siblings. Now, I don't know any particular reason that my mom decided to homeschool other than that she has said that she always wanted to; perhaps there was an underlying reason (the school we attended for half a year after we moved could have had something to do with the thought becoming an action - it was not the greatest). Anyway, for me, I find it the best decision that was ever made.
 Even now, I remember the feeling that I did not fit in anywhere (I still don't, not really). I almost never had anyone to play with during recess, I had "friends" but really they weren't, and I am socially awkward even now. What did homeschooling do to me? Because I was at home alot and did not associate with many people outside of my faith, I became a much, much stronger Christian than I think I might have been had I gone to public school; I could take my time with my schoolwork to learn it perfectly; I learned to love what I learned; my mother also encouraged us to learn what interested us outside of the mandatory math, English, science, history, geography, and health so that we could become a "well-rounded" person. Particularly, as I got older, I learned to value my education, and regretted not taking the time to learn things that I could have. Being homeshooled, having my sister to apply to college, and learning about other large (and "not-so-large") families who found the value of homeschooling also motivated me to apply to college. Little did I dream that I would actually pass my first year!



3 comments:

  1. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

    It doesn't matter where you attained your knowledge, because it is useless and will vanish together with this world. Charity carries over into the next life, unlike Math, History, Languages, and all other subjects, which come from this life and stay in this life. We will have no time nor desire to think back on them while we enjoy the things that no eye has seen and no ear has heard.
    The Bible is full of history lessons, and Math, and Psychology, and every other good thing, which is why it's the best textbook. God made all the constants and rules by which we live, but that's not what I focus on. It's nice to know, but in the end doesn't profit me. Because when your brain is dead, it's gone. And why invest into things that will be gone once you're dead? I consider my school education as useless, like Paul, who we know was a very educated Pharisee, and probably knew the Old Testament by heart, but afterwards spoke in great plainness of words and without worldy wisdom.
    "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord"

    And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

    And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. But I believe that education is important, because we have to live in this world. You can't be any help if you don't have any education, nowadays - even if you want to work for God. If you believe God called you to be a nurse, for instance, you will have to go to school for it.

      Delete
  2. Snazzy red car. I wonder whose that is?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.