Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Beautiful Hymn

     I,at one time, thought that this was an ordinary hymn with a nice melody. Once,though,as I was reading through the words,I realized how beautiful it actually is.
God, that madest earth and heaven,
Darkness and light;
Who the day for toil hast given,
For rest the night;
May thy constant power defend us,
Slumber sweet thy mercy send us;
Holy dreams and hopes attend us,
This livelong night.

When the constant sun returning
Unseals our eyes,
May we, born anew like morning,
To labour rise;
Gird us for the task that calls us,
Let not ease and self enthrall us,
Strong through thee whatever befall us,
O God most wise!

1 comment:

  1. There is definitaly a lot in this one. Oh I miss the songs and singing! I have to rise to labour now... have a nice and strong day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.