Monday, August 20, 2012

Music,Eden House,Blue Eyes,Books to Read

     On Saturday we had visitors for S's birthday celebration. After that,we sang. There were lots of instruments,and I think that they drowned out the singing. :) 4 violins,1 piano,1 trumpet,1 saxophone,1 recorder, and 1 harp. It was a nice and special time,because we don't do it very often.
     Yesterday,we went to a nursing and retirement home to conduct a service there. After,as we were leaving a lady beckoned me over,so I went. When I had come she said that she just wanted to touch my braid. :')
     It is funny to notice that all of our guests that stayed at our house had nice blue eyes.
     In our library we have 2 bookshelves,one on each side of the library. One has Christian or related books and the other has secular books. As I was cleaning up the Christian books,I realized how little of them I had read(most of them are German and that is one of the reasons why).So I have decided to go through all of those that I haven't read yet. It will take a while,but I think it will be worth it. Each time I read my Bible in the evenings I will read one chapter of one book. I am currently reading a German book entitled "Die Nachfolge Christi" by Thomas of Kempen.

     Samstag hatten wir besuch für S's Geburtstag. Später,haben wir gesungen. Da waren viele instrumente und ich denke daß du koenntest keiner singen hoeren. Es war eine schoene zeit,weil wir es nicht oft machen.
     Gestern sind wir zu ein alten Heim gegangen ein Gottesdienst zu haben. Nach dem Gottesdienst wollte eine frau daß ich neben ihr kam. Als ich da kam sagte sie daß sie wollte nur mein zopf anfassen. :')
     Es ist lustig zu denken daß alle unsere Gäste die hier geblieben hatten schoene blaue Augen.
 

1 comment:

  1. Who wouldn't want to touch your braid?? So wonderfully and professionally knotted! Quite the sensation.
    Listen to yourself comlain! I'd glad if one person played the piano in this house. You have more people playing instruments than our entire church has on sundays. That's quiet sad.
    You notice some weird things, you know. Do all your visitors get observed so sharply???? lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.