Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Joseph Schneider Haus,Work,Russian :)

     Yesterday,our mother took the four medium girls,the five little kids,and R to Joseph Schneider Haus. It was quite interesting;we spun flax,twisted rope(it's strong!),and R and I did some weaving. We also watered the garden by hand-pumping the water into pails and lugging it there.It wasn't very hard(I suppose,though,that if you do it for a long time,then it might be),except that it was hot. A guy explained what some of the plants were and what they were used for. There were sooooooo many things. I was glad for the guy that explained everything to us(except his pronunciation of "schnitzelbank" was kind of disconcerting.) and demonstrated the many tools for us.
     Today,at work, I learned how to print pictures from film,make black and white pictures from coloured prints,and to scan old pictures.It is still fairly simple,though.
     "Russian" is going along okay.It's fairly easy so far(I am only on lesson 2,though),especially since there are no articles before a noun. :) I take it to work with me. The letters are very interesting to write. :)

1 comment:

  1. I checked it out online and it seems like an interesting thing to check out! We have a similar thing in our area called a Freilichtmuseum down in Detmold where you can see how they lived back then and try out a lot of stuff, like make wheat etc. What did you weave? A nice dress?
    No articles before nouns? I didn't even know that. How do you tell if something is masculine or feminine or neutral then? Cool, then work skips faster, good idea! Most people just go on youknowwhere :)


    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments. I enjoy reading them. Thank you. :) It may take a while to show the comments, as I have comment moderation.